Hi, I'm Kim!
I love planning weddings and creating happy memories for my clients on their special day!
I have a unique background in theater, an AAS in Computer Repair, and an AAS in Network Administration. I can't live without technology. I used to love building computers from scratch but never truly enjoyed the software side of things. I can code in a few different languages but none extremely well except HTML (basic website language). My love of theater with my passion for technology, I understand how to set the stage for an amazing ceremony while also being able to keep track of all of the small details that ensure that everything runs smoothly.
I started planning my first wedding in 2002 and then helped friends for a few years with their big days. I opted to go all in in 2007 and drafted my amazing mom who had retired from sales. We joined the Louisville Wedding Network at the end of 2010 and it has been a fantastic group to be part of. I am also a Certified wedding planner and a Member of the Association of Bridal Consultants since 2017 when I relaunched my business with a new name. I tend to identify more with Off Beat Bride than Martha Stewart weddings but I enjoy them both. I have one tattoo and plans for more in the future!
- I was a stage manager’s assistant and stage manager for college shows. In May 2001, my theater group did a whirlwind three day tour in New York City. I took a Broadway acting class touring the city and saw Lion King and Annie Get Your Gun on Broadway. My all time favorite musical is Fiddler on the Roof, and I’ve performed it three times in my career.
- I have been singing since I was 6 years old.
- I spent several years in dance (jazz tap ballet) as a child and as a teenager I spent 4 amazing years as a cheerleader.
- I am the oldest grandchild on both sides of my family but one side includes over 35 grands and great grands - I am the oldest of all of these crazies and my mom is the oldest of the 7 that made all 35+ of us.
- I am a wife to one of the most amazing men on the planet. He gave me 5 beautiful bonus children when we got married to go along with our daughter, totaling 6 wonderful children!
- I have also been blessed that we have a son in law who loves our oldest daughter as much as we do.
- I make a mean mocha latte that rivals a well known Mermaid based chain! Did I mention I'm in love with my Keurig?
- I love old school video games! I grew up playing Nintendo and Super Mario brothers and similar games. I also used to have a blast playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the actual stand up arcade version.
- I consider myself a nerd/geek for Most anything by Stan Lee, I love Star Wars, and the Avengers. So does our youngest daughter aka mini me.
- I am obsessed with dogs and before I went into wedding planning I actually worked as a receptionist in 2 different local animal clinics/hospitals and have owned several dogs over the course of my lifetime.
- I love being a Southern Girl, accent and all.